What is Teen Council?
Group of teens grades 9-12 work, plan, and play together to strengthen their own personal leadership, communication, and team work skills while mentoring and teaching younger youth. Teen Council serves on a local, county, and state level and participation can lead a 4-Her to become a State Ambassador. Being a council member requires dedication and commitment but it is also about having FUN! Teen Council is a great way to meet new friends and create lasting memories.
What activities and events will the council be planning?
Monthly activities for themselves:
- Leadership training using fun interactive learning activities (games), local weekend retreats, etc.
- Social events-Christmas party, hikes, BBQ, etc.
- Service for the community
- Planning other 4-H events for other leaders and youth
- Summer trip (week long event) that mixes high adventure and leadership training.
- TLT- Teen Leadership Training
- Mock Legislature
- Other regional and state events
- 4-H camp- TC will be the camp councilors for this 3 day summer event. They will plan and execute all the programs related to this trip.
When are Teen Council meetings scheduled?
Teen Council is held the second Thursday of the month from 4:30-6:00 pm at Entheos Academy: 4710 W 6200 S, Kearns, UT 84118.